Weaverville Chiropractor - Chris Thompson DC
828-777-6115 - to make an appointment.
Weaverville Chiropractor, Chris Thompson
Chris Thompson DC is a chiropractor located in Weaverville NC, we are a family friendly chiropractic office. The office offers a variety of services from traditional chiropractic care to myofascial release (Graston method), employing physical therapy active rehabilitation techniques to nutritional consultations.
Having lived in Weaverville for 19 years Dr. Thompson feels he is a local chiropractor who can effectively treat your neck and back pain with chiropractic and physical therapy.
More than just a Neck and Back chiropractor
Chris Thompson, DC specializes in helping those who suffer from sciatica, headaches, shoulder, back, and plantar fasciitis foot pain to return to more normal activity without the use of surgery or drugs through specialized active rehabilitation techniques, as well as, gentle and effective chiropractic care
Chiropractic services offered
- Low Force Chiropractic Using a Drop table
- Spinal Decompression Traction (lower back)
- Flexion/Distraction (lower back)
- Extremity Adjusting (shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, ankle, foot)
- Activator Methods (full spine)
- Abdominal Core Strengthening
- Spinal Stabilization
- Gym Ball Exercises
- Postural Correction
- General Muscle Strengthening & Conditioning
- Cervical & Lumbar Traction
- Electrical Muscle Stimulation
- Graston Technique (Myofascial Release)
- Active Muscle Release
- Trigger Point Therapy
What to expect on the first visit with the Chiropractor
When you go to a chiropractor for the first time He will want to find out what is the problem so we take a history of the problem. Find out more about you what you have and have not done to get it resolved.
The first visit will includes the following:
• Discussion of your health history
• Perform a Physical examination: Range of motion, followed by neurological sensory, and motor tests, followed by specific orthopedic tests.
• X-rays: may or may not be required. When X-rays are deemed appropriate/necessary by the doctor, we will refer you Mission Imaging or the imaging center of your choice.
• Then the doctor will review his exam findings: This is when we discuss “what’s going on”, here I answer a lot of questions.
• Once all the questions have been answered and consent is given to proceed then we start with treatment: That could be physical therapy or active rehabilitation techniques or myofascial release treatment and or a Chiropractic adjustment. I help you feel better with a “hands on” approach to healing.
A Holistic Chiropractor Who Cares About You
While employing many holistic techniques great results may be obtained with migraine headaches, spinal disc injuries, (including herniated/ruptured discs), shoulder rotator cuff injuries, knee and ankle sprains.
Dr. Thompson has pursued an active lifestyle for the last 35 years with activities from hiking to scuba diving to playing ultimate and disc golf. While being active he has seen many sports injuries resolve quickly thru drug free chiropractic care and active rehabilitation.
How long will it take?
Many people think or want Chiropractic to be a single visit approach. It rarely is a single visit and all your pain is gone. Especially when it has gone on for months and months or years and years. It is nice when it happens, but do not plan on it to be case. Most people that come to the chiropractor have been up to 3 other doctors and taken multiple medications and still no relief. Chiropractic is based on sequential visits over time. Well then how long? That depends on your problem and how your body heals. Everybody is unique and different circumstances are all different. But together we can work thru it. It is a team approach.
Call today and let’s begin the healing process. We are here to help you.